Sunday, August 26, 2012

A short introduction

For about the past 3 or 4 years I've taken on the fun, tedious hobby of nail art. The thing is, I never paint my fingernails. I have a terrible habit of picking the dirt out of my nails, so I find it rather pointless to wear polish.
But I adore painting my toenails in fun designs. This came out of my insecurity of having large feet with long toes. I figured if I had cool designs people would focus on that rather than notice my somewhat unattractive feet. So far it seems to be working.
Nail art is a great hobby, and it's always nice to have respected artist friends give your feet props (or really anyone, for that matter).
I rarely would take pictures of my designs, but as I have become even more obsessed with the hobby lately, I figured now is as good a time as any to start documenting my work. I mean, they only last a week or two.
The reason I decided to start this blog is that while there are many sites dedicated to nail art, there is a surprising lack of sites dedicated to toe nail designs. Feet are important too, people. Most of the toe designs I've come across aren't up to par with fingernail designs, so my goal is to bridge the gap. Yes, toes are more challenging (having to contort for an hour or more isn't very pleasant and you have a smaller work space), but they're also really fun.
I'll possibly do some tutorials as well. I'm going to be trying more designs out of my comfort zone, and I'm hoping through this process I'll become a better artist.
Thanks for checking out my little blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Huzzah!