Sunday, October 28, 2012

30 Day Challenge 4: Green

This week's design for the Nail Art 30 Day Challenge is inspired by green. I took a bit longer to remove my last design than normal since it's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I was up for something fun. Well, these color block nails took a LONG time, but I'm super happy with how it turned out!
It's all by hand, so the lines aren't perfect, but I didn't feel like slicing tiny strips of tape to make it even. I think I did a pretty good job for freehand.

(I have gross cuticles since I haven't found a good creme yet, so yes, this is photoshopped)

Colors used: Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Wet N Wild Shine Black Creme, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lickety-Split Lime, China Glaze Holly Day

In other news, I used Chalboard Nails' lightbox tutorial to try to enhance my pictures. I do think the detail is coming out better, but as you can see from these pictures I still can't get the color to be consistent. I think it may be the kind of light bulb I'm using. I guess I'll try to figure it out for next week's design.

Happy painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Huzzah!