Thursday, September 12, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Animal Print - What Does the Fox Say?

I'm back to painting my nails after hearing back about my back. I have a few bulging discs, so that's a bummer, but right now I don't need surgery. I still shouldn't be doing a lot of bending so I think I'll have to put detailed pedicures on the back burner for a while longer. But, I am finally starting to feel better, so what better way to celebrate than doing a fun manicure?

I wasn't originally very excited for this challenge, since I'm not really into animal prints. I've seen a few non-traditional animal manis on pinterest like owls and pigs and cows, but I wanted to do something original for this one. And then it hit me: Foxes!


I've always liked foxes, and they've become more popular recently due in part to hipsters and the music video "The Fox." If you haven't already seen it, this song is all the rage right now, and was the inspiration for this manicure since it was stuck in my head:



It's a fantastically strange song! It makes me laugh so hard when they first start making noises. Now whenever I look at my nails all I think is "Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!"


They're certainly not perfect, but I think they're pretty cute! They look really great from a distance; you can hardly see any imperfections. I left off the whiskers on my other hand (I wasn't even going to attempt that with my non-dominant hand) and it still looks adorable. The design was relatively easy to paint as well. The pictures don't really do them justice. I need to start taking pictures with my actual camera instead of my phone, but I can never remember where my camera is. I'll get on that soon.

Polishes I used:

Pure Ice: Magic
NYC: Sidewalkers
Sinful Colors: Snow Me White
Bonnebell: Black
Topcoat- Seche Vite

So, what do you think? I'd love some feedback on these little guys.

Happy Painting!






1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Love the color used for the fox, perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete

Huzzah!