Monday, September 9, 2013

Noteworthy Nails 09.09.13

Hey there, internet. Well, today I was planning on doing the animal print design for the 30 day challenge, but as I mentioned in my last post, I'm suffering from a pretty bad back injury. I only got as far as filing my fingers and toes and then realized that even that was probably overdoing it. So, while I'm on a paint delay, I thought I'd try something new.



I'm a big fan of lists, discovering new blogs/designs, and giving people the props they deserve. So, every week (or so is the plan) I'll make a list of my favorite nail related posts from around the blogosphere. Let's get started!

Funniest Polish Pin:

The Little Mermaid and Polish

It's just oh so very true!

Favorite Pop Culture Design:

The Nailasaurus's "Paint All the Nails"

I love memes just as much as I love nail art, so this homage to Hyperbole and a Half wins me over.

Favorite Red Design:

Fashion Passion's cherry nails. You know I can't resist a good cherry print!

Favorite Orange Design:

I adore this Fall Pumpkin mani! I am certain I will try to recreate this soon.

Most Delicious Looking Design:

I wish I knew who to give credit for this pin, because this Granny Smith Apple manicure is totally adorable.

Best Tutorial:

This Lace Like design from stylemotivation.com has been a popular pin on my pinterest board lately. This is one of those designs that actually does look pretty easy to recreate, even for someone with unsteady hands like myself.

New Blogger to Follow:

Considering she was my first follower (thanks!) and is just starting her journey into nail art blogging, I must give a shout out to Bnasty Nails. It's great to find someone else that is also just getting started (or in my case, re-started) with this type of blog.

Favorite Florals/Stripes:

This is a two in one! I love this awesome design by Jax Nails. The colors are great and the stripes and flowers go surprisingly well together.

Favorite Pedicure:

I'm loving the colors in this Beautiful Floral design by...ameblo? I found this on pinterest and the site is in Japanese, so I apologize if that's the wrong name of the site.

Most Popular Post (of mine) on Pinterest:

Pinterest Inspired Flowers which currently has over 100 repins!

Favorite Non-Nail Art Pin of the Week:

Adam Scott breaks down the lyrics of Ice Ice Baby.


Well, that's it for this week. Let me know if you'd like me to continue with these types of posts and/or leave a comment with some of your favorite designs as of late.

Happy Painting!


1 comment:

Huzzah!