Saturday, September 14, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Flowers

My good friend and recent roommate Kelly is visiting for the weekend. I noticed that she has lovely large nail beds and she was happy to let me paint her nails.


I had been browsing google for pictures of flowers to use as inspiration, I showed Kelly a few options and we both really liked this colorful dot design. It literally looks just like this. I think it turned out quite well!


I have to say, I think this might be my favorite or second favorite design of the challenge so far. It was pretty easy, since all I needed was a dotter, but it was time consuming. I think it took around an hour since there were a lot of colors and a lot of waiting around for colors to dry. 



Kelly seems to really like the end result as well. I like this so much that I think I may have to use it for myself after the challenge is over. Or maybe for the recreate a design day- that's the last day I think, right? I think the only thing I'd need to change is to apply a second coat of the base brown. 

Kelly is also trying to convince me to start a little business painting nails and doing makeup and other beauty related things. I'm pretty sure I can't do any of those things fast enough to be really successful, and I'm a bit sloppy yet, but it's something to consider. Getting paid to do something you love is the best, right?

Colors used:
China Glaze Street Chic
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
China Glaze Bahamain Escape
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac
Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lickety-Split Lime
OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips
Seche Vite Top Coat

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this manicure. 

Happy Painting!


2 comments:

Huzzah!