Friday, September 27, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Inspired By Art

I LOVED this challenge! It was so fun to paint paint again, and I found beautiful inspiration in this painting by Pol Ledent:


About 2 hours and a ton of polishes later, here was the result of my inspiration:


I used some sponging and a paint brush technique to replicate the style, and tried to break up different parts of the painting onto each nail.


I'm quite happy with the result. I think it was a pretty great interpretation, but I'm a bit biased. I did a lot of mixing of my polishes in order to get the right smoky colors, which is part of the reason this took so long. Also, I just really had fun painting like this, so I took my time to try to get everything as close to the original as I could. I really wish you could see these in person, as they look so awesome!


Thankfully I already did tomorrow's challenge earlier today, so I can keep these guys on over the weekend.

Alright, ready to see the ridiculous amount of polishes I used for this one?

Polishes used:
NYC In a Minute Sidewalkers
Essie Blue Rhapsody
China Glaze Bahemian Escape
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away
China Glaze First Mate
NYC French White Tip
China Glaze Kalahari Kiss
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
China Glaze Sun Worshipper
NYC Times Square Tangerine
China Glaze Peachy Keen
Sinful Colors Easy Going
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red
China Glaze Street Chic
Bon Bons Black
My Golden Yellow Nail Art Pen
Seche Vite (top coat)

Happy Painting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Huzzah!